"Rakuten will be the lead investor in Series B round for the Lexington, Mass.-based online marketplace, whose motto is “fresh finds, true stories.”
The site features a new daily product by featuring it with a story about its origin."
We reported on the Daily Grommet here on Exciting Commerce in the summer of 2010 under the title of “Daily Grommet and the Feminine Take on Live Shopping”.
The Daily Grommet counted as one of the premier examples we had at the Live Shopping Days conference and fits perfectly to Rakuten’s motto "Buy from people, not the internet".
Rakuten will be opening this year’s K5 Conference on Thursday with the topic: “For a new understanding of E-commerce”.
- Daily Grommet and the Feminine Take on Live Shopping
- Rakuten: “Buy from people, not the internet”
- Pinterest Raises $100 Million From Investment Group Led by Rakuten
- How Rakuten Wants To Push Tradoria Ahead With Buy.com
- Rakuten CEO Hiroshi Mikitani in DLD Video Interview
Originally posted in German by Jochen Krisch, adapted for excitingcommerce.com by Jason Soo.