At latest since Facebook, the gameification of the (web) world is continuing its steady advance:
What can be learnt with this presentation, amongst others:
- How to apply game mechanics outside of the web.
- During conception and development of business models you can be much more creative by not neglecting the psychological factors.
- That the much vaunted "convergence" doesn’t make any sense, if not from the technical nature of the problem, then at latest when it hits your wallet.
What is exciting about (social) games is that they mostly work with award systems rather than punitive systems. With awards it is often much easier to control or achieve desired behaviour.
Thanks to Florian Bailey for the video tip.
- Game Mechanics: Putting the Fun into Functional (Video)
- Design rules! The First US Investors Are Re-orienting Themselves
- What Was and What Shall Be: The Rise of The Emotional Web
Originally posted in German by Jochen Krisch, adapted for excitingcommerce.com by Jason Soo.