The investment world is all a bustle. Here the most interesting takeovers and investments of the past two days:.
- Much against their conventions, the Samwer clan felt it necessary to announce a quick 4 million euro round for its Groupon clone CityDeal (formerly MyCityDeal). Otto’s eVenture Capital and Holtzbrinck Ventures are on board with the deal (GE/EN). “A large portion of the money” will be directed to marketing, according to the press release (GE/EN).
- Accel Partners, who recently invested $30 million in Groupon, has stepped into KupiVIP of Russia with a $20 million stake. This will be the first private shopping club investment for Accel, who holds amongst others also positions with Etsy and Spreadshirt.
- The publisher Time Inc. takes over Stylefeeder, who for a long time has been a driver of innovation in the social shopping arena and is also the foremost leader on Facebook apps. (see announcement and press release).
- The iPhone app developer from Stylekick has raised $2.5 million for Causeworld and other applications.
- Acton Capital Partners invested in the Munich based fashion retailer MyTheresa (press release).
- The British Wahanda is specialising itself to Group-Buying campaigns in the health and beauty industry.
- The photo gift service Personello has raised their 2009 revenues by 400,000 euro (+18%) to 2.81 million euro (PDF in German only).
Originally posted in German by Jochen Krisch, adapted for excitingcommerce.com by Jason Soo.